The Modor NF-1 synth is a digital DSP synth somewhat comparable to the classic Virtual Analog synths, but Modor is moving further on from this point. Modor uses the classic structure of VA-synths, with oscillators, filters and effects, with parameters that can be modulated using LFO's and envelopes. Every element has been rethought and reinvented. In a digital way.
The NF-1 has a classic 12dB/oct resonant filter, but we also gave it a versatile formant filter, never seen in hardware before! It does make classic sawtooth waves, Modor has also included some brand new noisy waveforms! It has classic chorus and delay effects, but every parameter is editable to give way to special unexpected effect types! And so on...
Read more about the filters
or the modulation matrix
. The latest firmware allows the NF-1 to go microtonal.
Modor Music has a software editor for the NF-1 and NF-1m out now. Look for it on our download page
. Mac OS X, Linux and Windows versions are available!OSC SECTION
- 3 identical fully independent oscillators
- 10 waveforms
- 12dB/oct resonant filter switchable as lowpass, hipass, bandpass or bandstop (notch)
- Formant filter with 3 morphing vowels, 10 vowel presets and user controllable formant frequencies
- 'Comb filter' effect section to create chorus, flanger, ... effects
- Delay effect section to create echo effects
- All parameters can be set independently and can be modulated
- 4 3-stage envelopes, 3 level settings and 4 time settings
- 2 switchable LFO's with TRI/SAW/SQU/SIN waveforms, 1 TRI-LFO connected to modwheel, 1 random S&H with lowpass option
- Modulation matrix with 7 user-definable modulation wires,
19 source signals, 86 destination parameters